Below is a range of local organisation that may be able to provide support to young people and with whom we work regularly.
- Cranstoun – https://www.cranstoun.org/services/substance-misuse/cranstoun-worcestershire/
- Talk to FRANK – https://www.talktofrank.com/treatment-centre/swanswell-alcohol-and-drug-recovery-service-worcester
- OASIS rehab – https://www.oasisrehab.co.uk/rehab/worcestershire/
- Rehab4Addiction – https://www.rehab4addiction.co.uk/country-wide/drug-alcohol-rehab-worcester
- Worcester City Council – https://www.worcester.gov.uk/housing
- Malvern Housing – https://www.malvernhills.gov.uk/housing/affordable-housing
- Wychavon Housing Information – https://www.wychavon.gov.uk
- Sanctuary Housing Worcestershire – https://www.sanctuary-housing.co.uk/
- Rooftop Housing Worcestershire – https://www.rooftopgroup.org/contact-us
- Redditch Borough Council – https://www.redditchbc.gov.uk/
- Wyre Forest Community Housing group – https://www.communityhg.com/
- Bromsgrove Housing Association – https://www.bdht.co.uk/
- YMCA – https://ymcaworcestershire.org.uk/what-we-do/accommodation/
- Wyre Forest & South Worcestershire Nightstop & Mediation for YP and their families – https://www.wyreforestnightstop.org.uk/
- Platform Housing Group Worcestershire (Fortis Living) – https://www.platformhg.com/contact-us
- Worcestershire MH advice and guidance for YP & their families – View here
- NHS Reach for well-being – https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/services/service/reach4wellbeing-119/
- CAMHS NHS Single Point of Access – https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/search/service/camhs-spa-131
- Worcestershire Healthy Minds – https://www.healthyminds.whct.nhs.uk/home
- KOOTH Online well-being community forum for YP – https://www.kooth.com/
Young People as carers:
- Young carers Association – https://www.carersworcs.org.uk/young-carers or https://www.yss.org.uk/worcestershire-young-carers
Other Support Services for YP in Worcestershire:
- Young Solutions, keeping YP safe and involved in their community – https://www.youngsolutions.org.uk/
- Starting Well, support for YP who may experience bullying, relationship issues, MH or well being problems – https://www.startingwellworcs.nhs.uk/youngpeople
- Education Services Worcestershire – https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/WCFEducationServices/
Youth & Community Centres
- St Johns Youth Centre Worcester – https://worcester.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/st–johns-youth-centre-13984288.html
- Warndon Youth & Community Centre Worcester – https://www.worcestercommunitytrust.org.uk/
- Perdiswell Young People leisure Club – http://pyplc.co.uk/
- Pershore Riverside Youth Centre – https://pershoreriversidecentre.org.uk/
- Redditch Youth & Community Centre – http://www.ryce.org.uk/
- Horizon Community Hub Worcester – https://www.worcestercommunitytrust.org.uk/
- Catshill Youth Centre – No web site 01527 536382
- Stourport Youth Centre – No web site 01299 823430
- Kidderminster District Youth Trust (Youth centre, community hub and internal local support services) – https://www.kdyt.org.uk/
- The Octagon Community Centre Malvern – http://www.theoctagoncentre.org.uk/
- Colwall Youth Project – http://www.colwallcommunitychurch.com/colwall_youth_project
- Your Ideas Youth & Community Project Redditch – https://www.yourideas.org.uk/
- Wallace House Community Centre Evesham – https://www.wallacehouse.org.uk/
- Ourside Youth Centre Evesham – http://www.ourside.org.uk/
- You Turn Youth Centre Evesham – https://youturncentre.wixsite.com/youturncentre
- Tenbury Youth Café Project – No web site 01584 819000
Telford and Wrekin
- Crossbar coaching (alternative education provision) – https://www.crossbarcoaching.com/
- Brightstars boxing (alternative education provision and boxing club/mentoring service) – https://www.brightstarboxing.co.uk/
- Telford STARS (Community drug & alcohol service) – https://www.telfordstars.org/
- Telford Child Exploitation Team – https://www.nwgnetwork.org/services/the-cate-project/
- Future Focus (16+ careers service for NEET) – https://www.telfordjobbox.co.uk/info/2/are_you_a_student/2/futurefocus
No Wrong Door Project
Support for young people (11-25) on any issue, 1 2 1 support, activities, workshops and more. Support around mental health, wellbeing, bereavement, sexual health, housing, relationships and more
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1 Union Walk, Hereford,, HR1 2ES
- Phone: 01432 277562
Herefords youth centre (11-24) offering drop ins, workshops and activities including media, music, arts, cookery, games tournaments, home skills, volunteering and community action.
- Website: closehouse.org
- Address: 4 St Peters Close, Commercial Street, Hereford, HR1 2DL
- Phone: 01432 274239
Strong Young Minds
Improving the mental health and wellbeing of young people in Herefordshire (10-26). 121 support, training, brief intervention therapy, workshops and group work around anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self harm, bullying, body image and low self esteem
- Website: thesymproject.org
- Address: 20 East Street, Hereford, HR1 2LU
- Phone: 01432 269245
Online mental wellbeing community providing free, safe and anonymous support with access to qualified counsellors, supportive groups and information
- Website: Kooth.com
Herefordshire Recovery Service
Free and confidential support for adults and young people around their use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Website: www.turning-point.co.uk/services/herefordshire
- Phone: 0300 555 0747
The Climb Project
Working with 10-17 year olds early on, before they get caught up in county lines or other forms of exploitation. Through sports and the arts, we give young people a chance to form healthy relationships, find out their passions, and be positive about the future
- Website: www.childrenssociety.org.uk/climb
Hope support services
Supporting young people aged 11 to 25 when a close family member is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness, such as cancer, Covid-19 or other disease. We operate all over the UK and specialize in supporting young people through our network consisting of people who have been through something similar
- Website: hopesupport.org.uk
- Address: Overross House, Ross Park, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7US
- Phone: 01989 566317
Mental Health Services
Beam is a recently launched drop-in facility in Shrewsbury and Telford. It aims to provide young people aged 0 – 25, the parents or carers of young people, and professionals with advice, signposting and support with any concerns relating to mental and emotional wellbeing.
Any young person who is under 25 and registered with a GP in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin can access support from Beam. There are no referrals and no waiting lists so young people can access support when they want and need it.
BEE U access team – emotional and mental health emergency
BeeU Access – 0 – 25 Mental Health Service 0300 124 0093
Professionals & staff working with children & young people can contact the Access Team for a consultation or advice on the most appropriate direction of support.
Counselling provisions for young people in Shropshire:
Kooth – Free, anonymous online counselling through your phone, tablet, laptop or PC. Anyone aged 11-25, living in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin, can register to access this service. No referral is needed – www.kooth.com
MIND Information Line – 0845 766 0163 / 01743 3686647
GP or NHS direct 111
Shropshire Youth Association (Youth club projects within Shropshire):
‘Bright Stars Boxing’
Joe Lockley 07966 416267
Bright Star Boxing Academy
Unit 1 Old Smithfield Industrial Estate
Aston Street Shifnal TF11 8DT
‘We know the massive difference boxing, education and community support can make when it comes to empowering these positive changes, especially for vulnerable people and young people at risk. We achieve this at Bright Star, through our Bright Star Boxing Academy, our Education provision and Community programmes. We use a combination of boxing and talking in our Community sessions to support varied and vulnerable groups. These sessions include our Counterpunch mental health groups and mentoring.
Shropshire support for children with special educational needs:
The SEND local offer is a single place for information, services, and resources for children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and / or disabilities, their families, and the practitioners who support them. It’s been designed with a family’s needs at the heart of the process.
Shropshire Children’s Services website
The Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership children’s website is designed to provide useful information and advice for professionals, parents and children.
Where to report a young person’s safeguarding needs:
If you think a child or young person is being harmed or at risk of being harmed you must contact the First Point of Contact (FPOC), Children’s Services and tell them your concerns. It might be you that’s being harmed. Don’t delay, please contact us straight away – we’re here to help you.
Please report your concerns to FPOC (First Point of Contact) on 0345 678 9021.
If you need to report concerns out of office hours then please contact the Emergency Social Work Team on 0345 678 9040 selecting option 1
West Mercia Police
To report a crime – If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of crime please report it to us. Reports are dealt with by our control room in exactly the same way whether you report it online or call 101.
Crimestoppers – to report a crime anonymously – 0800 555 111dependent charity working to help communities
Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away? If so, please call 999 now.
Victim Support – you can call their free Support line on 08 08 16 89 111
Sexual health support for young people in Shropshire:
NHS Sexual health services in Shropshire.
Support for children and young people in Shropshire regarding healthy relationships and staying safe:
CRUSH is all about helping young people make safe, healthy relationships. The CRUSH project is for anyone aged 13 -19 that has experienced, witnessed or would like awareness of abusive relationships. CRUSH is suitable for both males and females, as well as those exhibiting victim and Perpetrator traits.
Crush referral Line: 0800 014 9084
Axis Counselling for young people in Shropshire:
Axis Counselling is a service specifically dedicated to help people who have suffered trauma. This includes: Childhood Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Physical Abuse, Rape and Sexual Assault. Axis is a registered charity based in Shropshire & Telford & Wreking
AXIS 4 Young People:
Axis offers several services. One of which is Axis 4 Young People which offers one to one counselling for young people – male and female, aged 11 to 25 years. This includes working with victims of childhood sexual exploitation and trafficking.
Fletcher House, 15 College Hill Shrewsbury, SY1 1LY
The Glebe Centre, Glebe Street, Wellington, Telford, TF1 1JP
Axis Counselling, Monday to Friday – 10am to 4pm.
Tel: 01743 357777 or 01952 278000
Housing for young people in Shropshire who present as homeless:
Who do we help
Young single people aged 16-25 in housing need who require support around independent living. Must be willing to engage in employment, education or training. Priority given to applicants with a local connection to Ludlow and Shropshire.
The Shrewsbury Ark:
www.shrewsburyark.co.uk Shrewsbury Ark’s main services for vulnerable and homeless people.
0333 32 12 200
Community substance misuse within Shropshire: