The week of 21st – 27th June Worcestershire is celebrating two years of the Get Safe Multi agency partnership work. Get Safe is a joined up response to tackling the criminal exploitation of children, and West Mercia Youth Justice Service is a key partner.
Get Safe is about professionals working together in a coordinated and focused way to tackle this challenging and ever changing form of harm and abuse to children in Worcestershire.
The Worcestershire partnership includes: West Mercia Police, Worcestershire Children First, a range of NHS health services, Education, West Mercia Youth Justice Service, Housing, Probation and Early Help services and the voluntary sector all working together with district councils and other support agencies.
The Get Safe Partnership is committed to tackling Child Exploitation and supporting victims and their families who experience this.
If you have a get safe concern about a child or activity that is going on in your community here in Worcestershire please contact us as we need your help to help us:
- If you wish to discuss a safeguarding concern about a child aged 0-18 years then please contact our Family Front Door on 01905 822666 during office hours: in emergencies out of hours the number is 01905 768020
- If you have an immediate safeguarding concern for a child, you must call the police on 999
- If your concern is about particular activity in the Worcestershire area which you believe may indicate crimes being committed e.g. drug dealing or Modern-Day Slavery, please contact the police on 101
- Worcestershire Children First have a dedicated Get Safe team who work closely with partner agencies here in Worcestershire to tackle criminal exploitation of children and young people; the team is contactable for advice on 01905 845568 or at [email protected].
- For further information visit www.worcestershire.gov.uk/GetSafe
Here are links to 5 YouTube videos that explain more:-